Monday 1 July 2013

Ely Cathedral Flower Festival

Last weekend I was lucky to be a part of the Ely Cathedral Flower Festival.



It was a four day event and I was in the craft marquee. Thankfully the weather was kind to us except for a bit of rain on Saturday.


The Cathedral was transformed with flowers based on the theme "The Creation". One of the highlights being a river of water running through the nave.


There was also a Diamond Jubliee theme too, this coronation throne was amazing.



It all looked wonderful there are some very talented flower arrangers out there.




Over the four days there were 20,000 visitors and I met some really nice people. I really enjoyed it and I could have easily have stayed there another few days. The cards went doen really well and I sold out of a few designs including the cycling and gardening cards which were the best sellers of the show.


No comments:

Post a Comment